Having a studio at New House makes you a part of a fantastic creative community. Our artists and makers benefit from access to secure, well maintained facilities with 24/7 access, gallery and café, plus complimentary membership at New House and a profile on our artist directory.
Our ethos is to create an inspiring & inclusive space for all to be creative and grow their artistic disciplines and businesses. Our facilities and services include:
• 24 hour access
• Open 365 days a year
• Free Wi-Fi
• Natural Light.
• Private, lockable studio spaces
• Range of studio sizes
• Ventilation throughout each studio space
• Shared Kitchen Space
• Communal washout sinks
• Ground floor gallery
• Excellent public transport links
• Public Car Park 269ft from the site
• Listing on our artist directory
• Open studio events
At New House Art Space we welcome independent artists, designers, creators and makers. Applications are welcome from artists from all disciplines. To be eligible for a studio at either of our buildings, applicants must be able to demonstrate a continued commitment to maintaining a creative practice. We endeavour to maintain an eclectic mix of fine art, applied art, visual art and digital art; with our buildings housing a good mix of artists and craftspeople.
Whilst we actively encourage our studio holders to offer services and sell their work, their ideas, skills and creative vision must guide their practice and the work they produce. Our spaces are designed to be accessible to the practicing artists, makers and craftspeople that we exist to support.
We have a selection process to ensure that artists meet the following criteria and can evidence this in their application:
• Commitment to their professional practice
• Engagement with current contemporary practice
• Ambition to progress and develop their practice within a critical framework
• Willingness to participate in public events, including the annual open studio event, and occasional studio visits
• Willingness to promote New House activities and to acknowledge their part in the art space where appropriate
• Commitment to spending the majority of their working time actively using the studio space
• Ability to pay collective charges fully and on time
How are artists selected?
• Applications are reviewed individually by the Executive Director and COO of New House
• Artists selected will be put onto our waiting list until a suitable space becomes available
• Those selected and offered studio space will be expected to fulfil our criteria on an ongoing basis
• We offer spaces to artists that successfully meet the selection criteria and who also match our requirements when a space becomes available
• New House Art Space is keen to keep a balance of working practice, gender, age and ethnicity within the building, and this will be kept in mind when selecting artists and allocating studios
To apply for a studio at New House please complete and submit the form below.